Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Texas SNOW!!!


OK, so, I just about died laughing when I saw this. We are in San Antonio on Saturday the 29th of November..... it is 75 degrees outside, I am wearing shorts and a tee shirt. We are walking around and there is the Houston Street Fair going on right next to the Alamo... I walk up to this slide looking thing, from the back, and bust out laughing... This is Texas' idea of sledding. I almost fell over. They are using tubs that you pull behind a boat, and the kids are in shorts and t-shirts, and sledding down this slide into gales of hay... Now, all laughing aside, I am sure that this is the only snow that some of these kids will ever see and the only time they will get to go sledding, but I could not help it. I was laughing so hard and just had to take pictures.
But, all laughing aside, this is good enough for me this year.!!! I don't need any snow this time around.

2 comments:

Calie said...

Hey Niki I love the new look of your blog. That Texas snow is funny. It has snowed once here but no sticking. Yeah!

Sant Family said...

That is just crazy. Seriously. I love the little red plastic shovel - like that would lift anything. We have a steeper hill in our front yard. Not that we are using it. Still no real snow ... it's sad.