Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Laughter is the best medicine

Thanksgiving day.... 75 degrees playin with my dog. And the best part is NO SNOW!!
The trip to San Antonio with Mom, Dad, and Aunt Lorene... the front of the Alamo. (For those of you who didn't know that!)

Ok, so I don't like getting my picture taken and this one really shows just how much weight I have put on. it really isn't as bad as it looks, but it is the position I choose to sit in. This is Mom, Dad, Aunt Lorene, Danni-my roommate, and Angelina- Danni's daughter.

Our carriage ride around the Alamo.

Ok, so mom and dad and Aunt Lorene came to visit this past weekend. I picked them up from the airport and headed for San Antonio. It was so funny. I tried to punch in the address to the hotel in my GPS and guess what, it wouldn't take it. So, I drove blind. No map, no GPS, nothing. Getting to San Antonio was not the issue. That is a straight shot west on I10. It was once we got there and bam... I am so good, I drove right to the hotel!!!! I was so proud of myself and I didn't let them forget it.....
Ok, saturday morning was another story!! I thought I was going to right way.... I was, on the wrong road. We had a great visit to the front gate of Fort Sam Houston Army base.. The guard laughed so hard when I pulled up, Washington plates and all (still) and said... "we're lost!!" He was a great sport and got us in the right direction. Then it was the Alamo. What an interesting place. It was great to see it and watch the little movies and walk around and actually enjoy learning more about history... Didn't like that class either in highschool...
Next it was the river walk. Ya know how great it is to travel with senior citizens?!! Just kidding mom and dad... dad is the one that got the great deals. We rode on the river boat tour and ate lunch on the river walk. It was pretty cool. Then we went on a carriage ride around the alamo. Then we headed back to Houston and home. I was so tired...... and then the laughing commenced.
Sunday, we get up, I go to church with them and we come back home. Now mind you my room mate was the perfect host. She had dinner ready for us when we got back Saturday night, breakfast before church and dinner at noon when we got back... so after dinner, Angelina decided we were playing a game.. It ended up being Uno Attack. Oh my goodness... We laughed so hard that several times we had to run to the bathroom for fear of having to change clothes. It was mom, Angelina, Aunt Lorene and I. Dad and Danni were sitting watching westerns on tv and Danni was cooking cookies.. ok that came a little later... But the best one was my aunt.... oh my goodness.... she picked up her hand of cards... this was bout 2 hours into the 5 hours we played... and one of her cards was backwards... she asks very calmly.... what does it mean when the card says UNO!.... Very calmly I responded with "turn the card over" and then we all lost it. We were laughing so hard none of us could breath. I didn't think I would ever breath again.. Angelina goes flying down the hall to the bathroom and mom and I and auntie were laughing so hard I had tears running down my face. My stomach hurt.... We continued this laughing and playing for most of the day... Finally Angelina pretty much told dad that he was playing by dealing him a hand... And then there were cookies. Danni kept cooking cookies and we were eating them straight out of the oven.... Needless to say, there was no need for dinner that night.
SO, the weekend was a success. We all had a great time and I had not laughed that hard in a while. I am very glad that they stopped here on their way through to Puerto Rico and that we could spend some time together. It was so funny.....
Thanks mom and dad and Aunt Lorene for coming to visit us.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Love the story about the Uno card turned the wrong way! Sounds like you had a good time : )

elizabeth said...

Your parents! Wow! I haven't seen them in a very long time... come to think of it, I haven't seen you in a VERY long time - duh! I guess I feel like I have because your personality comes across so well in your blog(and - yes Niki - that is a good thing :)
You guys all look great.
Sounds like I need to hang out with you for a while and laugh and laugh:)
Love,
Elizabeth