Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sunday!!!



So, saturday I check my posts and Tifani says "hey you are in Spokane".. So I call and make a plan to go see here and meet her family! For those of you who know her, she put the "respectable" picture on her blog, so I chose the one that shows who we really are. This is us and the way I have always known us to be. So I have known Tifani since I was 20. She was a missionary in our ward when I was in college and I hung out with her and her companion Sister Elizabeth DeWitt all the time... It has been since they went home that I have seen them. Pretty much 19 years ago and it took me moving to Houston to find out that she was in Spokane and has been for the past 6 years. How crazy is that?! Anyway, I get to her house about 630 or so and they have a house hold. Their BFF's were there and they are a riot also. The ODonnells, I can't spell.. not sure how that is. And then she has a meeting, so I play a game with Ben, Rachel, Larry, and I am a loser and can't remember their friends first name... I am a loser.. sorry guys!!! But it was funny. I don't even remember the name of the game, but it was a blast. I laughed so hard. That is what I did this weekend. And then here is the kicker.....

Their home teachers walk in. Husband and wife... so I am sitting at the table and I lean back to say hi and look at the wife. I say hi, sit back up and then lean back again. Here stands a girl that I knew from the island. When we lived on Bainbridge Island, her family lived on the penisula and her sister was dating my brother. There in front of me stood Lisa Smith. IT was so funny. Tifani goes.. you do not know each other. I said. well yeah we do. It was so funny. It is a small world.

Needless to say, I didn't leave their house until 10pm, got to my hotel about 11pm, and you guessed it, my alarm went off at 400 am and my plane left at 550am. It wouldn't be all that bad, but I had to work that night and got off the plane at 130 to be to work at 300!! I got home that night about 1230am.. ok the next morning.... I am not as young as I used to be. But that was ok, cause I thought I could sleep the next day. What ever.. you guys see that thing on the side of my blog that says "I must be crazy?" Well, yeah, school does not wait for me to sleep. Then they sent me to another station on tuesday night and I didn't get home til 130am to get up at 500 am and go to work with Austin so that I could take him to the airport.. Yeah, we didn't coordinate our vacations very well.

So, all in all. I had a great weekend and I had a blast surprising people and seeing people I hadn't seen in the past 20 years. It is great that friendships last forever... Love you Tif!!!

2 comments:

Marie said...

So funny, Niki. I just heard about this! It is a small world sometimes. My brother, Russel just got married and they sent an announcement to Ryan on his mission. He said something like, "This is my new aunt, weird (because they are all about the same age!) and his mission comp. saw the announcement and said, "I know your new aunt, I was her home teacher at BYUI!"
If you ever come visiting this way - make sure to let me know so I can catch up with you!

Sant Family said...

I LOVE your post and the non respectable picture that you posted! I am going to copy it onto my blog, too!

Love you, too!