Thursday, May 15, 2008

Saturday at the BEACH!!!!





So, here we are, late friday night. I have just come home from work and it is like midnight... Austin asks me what time we are leaving for the beach in the morning. Well, my answer was that Carla and Danni would be here at 830. We both just about died. I was so tired. The plan was to leave by 900am, but Danni has a problem being late, so we lied!!! :) Anyway, the 900am turned out to be for us. They call and say they are here and we aren't even ready. It was too funny. Then the laughter begins. We pile into my truck. 2 coolers, 4 chairs, Taz's Kennel, and Taz with the threat that if he pees on someone, that is it for him. He will ride all the way in the kennel in the back. He must have listened, cause he was a good boy. So, off we go. It is about an hour and a half to Galveston and had we not stopped twice, it would have been a little faster, but for some reason, we can't hold it that long. We are getting old or something. Anyway, we get there and the first thing we do is get on the ferry to Bolivar Island. No real reason, just to say we did. It was cool. I have been on many ferries before, but this one was like ant size compared to the ones in Seattle. But it was fun anyway. And even more fun when the seagull pooped on Austin's head. I was trying not to laugh, but I couldn't. And then everyone joined in, including him. Then it was off to east beach. Backed into a spot, dropped the tailgate and set up our spot. It was way fun. We parked about 3 miles from the bathroom and of course about every 30 minutes one of us had to go. You would think we learned. But, um that is a big I don't think so. Anyway, we spent the day laughing and playing catch with the football and taking Taz in the water, which by the way he loved, and just hanging out with friends. It was awesome. I am paying the price though. The sunscreen I bought, well I guess you have to use it to make it work!!! Ooopss.. I knew there was something wrong. But, oh well, it was a great day.
Just wanted to share my saturday with you all.

3 comments:

Calie said...

Yeah! It sounds like fun! I want to go to the beach. It has finally turned nice here.

Marie said...

Sounds like a fun day - That must be your leg that Taz is sitting under - I want to see some pictures of Taz with you! It was finally hot and sunny here - great day for a track meet - that's what we did today!

Sant Family said...

Hey, you are in Spokane right now, aren't you?! I just got back from Tahoe - sooooo extremely sunburned!! Ugh! Sounds like you had a great day at the beach!