Sunday, April 20, 2008

SUN!!!


ok, so I told you a little about the crawfish festival we went to yesterday. I just thought I would add a little bit. It is in Old Spring and they close down one of the streets, should do both, but just one, and there are booths with drinks, crawfish, all kinds of food, and it was a blast. There are motorcycles all up and down the streets. Some really cool bikes. Some friends that I met here live close to there and we all just met up and started walking around. I love the sun. It was like 95 degrees yesterday, but it wasn't really humid, so we got some good sun and was able to have fun without being too muggy and hot.


I have been here for a little over 2 months and I love it. This picture is not from yesterday, but this was the cool view of downtown one morning way earlier than I normally get up. This day also turned into a beautiful one. I have got to take more pictures. Things here are cool. Definitely what I needed. A change, a new start, and a new place. I never thought that I would ever have the guts to actually pack up and move, and I did it and I am glad that I did it. It hasn't always been that easy, but it is the right decision. Yesterday taught me just how cool my new friends are and just how much I miss the ones back home. But no matter where I am, they are always going to be there for me.

2 comments:

Sh'Nell said...

Very true statement that you find and meet great people everywhere! Everytime I read about your dog or even think about it, I'm just glad you have it and not me. Enjoy your weather. We have 3 inches of snow again and it is still snowing. Is it January or what. AAH!

Marie said...

Great picture, Niki! And the puppy is cute guarding the door. We had an outside cat but since our Spokane trip for Spring Break he found a new home with the neighbors. He used to scratch on the back slider every morning to let us know he wanted to eat but I think while the neighbors were feeding him they let him inside and now he knows there's a better life!