Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update on Hurricane IKE

Ok, I don't have any pictures yet, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I am alive and well. And even my puppy Taz is alive and well. Although, today if I could have reached him, he might have been a little bruised. Another story though.
The hurricane came right through right on time and knock us all around. We had 4 trees fall and 2 of them are on the fences for the horses. So that will be a fun fixing time. The problem, and this is the other story, one of the horses likes to find its way out and today while I was putting him back in the pasture, Taz got under his feet and he stutter stepped or something and came down on the toes of my right foot. So, I broke 2 of them this afternoon. I have yelled at him and spanked his behind for chasing the horses and I think he just laughs at me.... Wait until I can walk and he does it again. He won't be laughing......
So anyway, we are without power. The only time I have internet is at work and we are running off a generator there. So it is still a little touchy. It is slowly but surely coming together. Every day more and more stores are open and more and more gas stations. The first 3 days the lines for gas were anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to get gas. Now it is a little closer to normal. All the stores are empty though. They haven't had a chance to stock them back up. The power is on for about 50 percent of the people in both Harris County and Montgomery County. Galveston and Bolivar Islands are pretty much a wash out...

But, I am alive and well. I am learning patience not having lights or running water, but it is not that bad. It is like camping but I get to sleep in my own bed. I have to admit though, you never realize just how much you miss something til you don't have it....

Anyway, I have taken some pictures, but just don't have the capability to download them just yet. So.....

Till next time.

3 comments:

Sant Family said...

I am glad that you are surviving. You said that you moved, but where to and who owns the horses?

Confused, I am.

Marie said...

Glad you're alive and well - kind of well - sorry about your toes! Are you out in the country? Maybe I missed the post about the horses!
Take care.

Sam said...

Glad you are alright. Sorry about the toes - ouch! Sam