Monday, September 22, 2008

Pictures of downed trees- Hurricane IKE

This is the biggest tree that went across the road for us to get out of our house. It was across the road, but someone was nice enough to cut it so we could all get through and go exploring.
Some of them broke, but there was a lot of them that were ripped right out of the ground. Roots and all.
OK, click on this one and see what the clearance is for this bridge. That is water and it is still there. I took that road to get to work at the GLS station two weeks ago.. Not on Saturday I didn't.
This is one of the ones ripped out of the ground. Some of these trees are huge and they just came right out of the ground. There is one in our back yard, but I am just a little lazy and haven't walked out there to take a picture. But I will, cause when I do, we get to fix the fence. That is why I am neglecting it..

Anyway, just thought I would share a few pics with you.

3 comments:

Calie said...

I am so glad you made it through the storm and came out ok. I loved the pictures of you on vacation. It looks like you had a great time! And then got to come back for a hurricane...yipee! Oh you live the good life!
By the way I love he background picture on your blog...it makes me want to go on vacation!

Erika said...

Okay, so it took me a long time to find out you have a blog...kids make you stupid! Great to see that you are doing well down there.

Sant Family said...

I am so glad that you weren't hurt. I also think anyone who lives in southern Texas is LOCO!!