Saturday, June 7, 2008

E.F.D.

So, I don't have pictures for this one, but I just had to tell you a story.

When I moved here to this great place called Houston, it was on the recommendation from Nate Reed. He was the District Manager in Spokane for DHL when I worked for the franchise there for 12 and 1/2 years. Well he is here in Houston as the reginal manager and he gave me this glowing recommendation. Which I have thanked him for many times.. Until now.... Knowing him is not always a good thing. He is a great guy, don't get me wrong.. but because he has known me for 10 years and knows that I do not like to fail and that what ever he gives me I will not do it half heartedly and will fight to the DEATH to make it work.. Jerk!!!! So my original station here is called IAH! And I love it there. It runs itself. I have a great crew and the IC's there are for the most part decent. And I have made some friends there. So, I guess he decided that I needed a challenge..

So, EFD was slowly but surely going to hell! Literally. They fired the two night supervisors and they were losing dell laptops all the time and it was just a mess. So, he tells them to send me. At first I was going to smack him into next week. Then when I got here, he sits me down and says, "I need you to be my eyes and ears." He explained the situation and I felt a little better. He said it wasn't permanent, but he needed me here. So, what the jerk, said in the nicest possible way, didn't tell me was that the next week I would be on my own at night because they fired the other night supervisor. So here we are in "HELL" with one sup in the morning and one in the evening. ME!!!!! Ok, here is the problem with this... there is no ventilation in this fine building.. I have not had a full crew yet which puts me out in the warehouse sweating my tail off every night and working harder than I have in a while, and it puts me doing things that I have never done before and have had to learn the hard way....

Ok, did you know that one person or staion for DHL can tank the region every night in one week in a different aspect??? I had thought about it, but now I know for a fact. And it sucks... But let me tell you, I am so frustrated with the things that we have failed on that I won't let them send me back to my own station until this one is so perfect you will be able to eat off the floor of the building!!!!!!! I hate to fail. And Nate knows that and that is why he put me here in the first place. It is a great compliment for him to send me some where that is falling into the pits of dispair with the knowledge of knowing that I can do it. And after all of his emails this week that said "what in the heck happened last night for you to fail the entire region again on this part," He send me one today that said, "thanks, you are doing a great job!" and the guy under him sent me what is called a "rapid Rewards" which is basically a thanks also but in the form of me ordering something from the company. So, all the sweat and tears and yes, sorry, cussing under my breath, is starting to pay off and one day, this place will not be known as Every F*&^)*&^ing Day!

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Wow! That really is a compliment that you were sent there. Sounds like you know how to do things right :)
Happy birthday! (late)
Jason - my hubby's - is the 3rd of June - He just turned 4 0.
That is so neat you got to see Tif!
Did I tell you my Grandma & Grandpa lived in Galveston and we went there like every summer. they live a couple of blocks from the seawall. I keep thinking one day we will drive down there and I will show the kids where I played growing up :)
Hang in there!
Love,
Elizabeth

Julie Carr said...

Next you can move to Alaska and straighten them out...LOL...

Sant Family said...

You are doing great! Congratulations (condolences) on being the go-to girl. love, tif