Monday, March 24, 2008

Moving


Somtimes family is the best thing to have. Well, I might think that, but I am sure my younger brother could use some time away.


Reed, 26, is the baby of the family and since he didn't have a "real" job at the time, I convinced him it would be tons of fun to drive cross the country in February. I am so funny. I knew that once we got through Washington, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and the corner of Colorado and into New Mexico, we would be set to go. But, boy did I not ever think about the stress that I would feel knowing that someone else was driving my truck with all of my stuff in a trailer behind us. But I have to say, he did a fine job. And he didn't do all the driving. And I was right, once we made it into New Mexico, ok, the day after we made it to New Mexico, things were fine.


I will have to say, if I ever move again, it better be close or I am hiring someone to do it all and flying. Talk about having a sore butt for a few days.


I think I learned something though. I learned that God wanted us to make it here safetly and if you ask Him, He will be there to help. We had relatively good roads the whole way down and made good time.

No comments: