Friday, March 28, 2008

Missing from home!



One of the things I miss the most from back home is my best friends puppy. Well ok, when I lived at her place, she has 5 horses, one which was at her moms and the rest at her place, and 4 dogs. One that neither of us owned, he just inherited us one day. But, having moved here to the big city and into an apartment, I miss having the wide open spaces and the animals. So, I decided that I wanted a puppy of my own. So here is the father when he was a baby. He was and is so cute. I went with them when Candice bought him and he fit right in. While I was in Colville, he lived with me while Candice was somewhere else and we had such a great time. I miss all the animals. Who would have known that all animals have their own little personalities. Even her horses have senses of humor. I miss the baby, now named junior cause he looks just like his mama, had a funny personality. I miss him following me around while I was in the pasture and laying his head on my shoulder while I was trying to fix the fence. He was so funny. I'd smack him to get him from knocking me over and he'd keep trying.

So, in a couple of weeks I am having one of McCoy's puppy's flown down here. He is a pure bred mini Australian Sheppard (and yes, I flunked spelling) and Candice bred him with a jack russell. I am so excited. The animals have been my kids and sometimes, I think they want more than kids. But the one big difference.... They can't talk back. I am sure they try, but for some reason, I just don't have to listen.!!! :)

2 comments:

Calie said...

Hey Niki. What the heck....how are you? I havent seen you forever. Hows life in Texas? I am in Hayden/Coeur d'Alene Idaho still. I love it. Winter is getting old though. How did you find my blog? I am glad you did. Arent blogs fun. Take care.
Calie

Julie Carr said...

Ok thanks for un blocking me. Love the dog. can't wait to see pics of the puppy.