Wednesday, April 1, 2009

NO JOB are you KIDDING ME


Ok, so I may not have a job, but my room mate is a slave driver!!!!! :) I have done more in the past 3 days since I got laid off than I have in a while... Here is proof... Today, I stacked wood!


I weeded the flower bed in the front yard, not done yet!!!!

Burnt leaves and stuff from the flower beds!!!!

And cleaned these two flower beds out and replanted... Ok mind you, Danni was here doing it with me, but she worked me to the bone....

And then there was the dinners.... Yes, I am learning how to cook more. I know how to cook, but when it is just you and no one else, what is the point. So, in the past few days, I have cooked. I made ribs last night and potato salad and if I do say so my darn self, they were both pretty dang good... And then Monday it was chicken noodle casserole.... and for lunches I made chicken fajita stuff to put in wraps..... and it was good too.... Danni decided that since I was home, I could do the cooking so it would be on the table when everyone got home... so nice of here... :)

So, if anyone says that I am slacking since I have been laid off..... come on and visit me.... there is a lot of yard to be cleaned and work to be done and things to learn to cook... Look at me go.. I even want to try making bread one day.... We shall see though, that is pretty domesticated!!! Not sure if I can handle that one.

I really do like not having a job for the moment... but I am really tired....

1 comment:

Fussy Faddist said...

Wow Niki! I think you had more physical activity going on there than I had the whole month of December. Way to go!
Let me know how the bread turns out - I bet I can smell the aroma of fresh baked bread from here :-)