Sunday, April 5, 2009

No Longer Jobless!!!

So, my stint of not having a job did not last long..... I have been offered a position with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a corrections officer at the Wynne Unit in Huntsville Texas. I go into the academy on Thursday April 9th. It is 5 and 1/2 weeks of training and learning and so on.... I am excited... I have been told goods and bads of the area and the job, but everyone has their favorites and stuff..... I really wanted to go juvenile, but this is good for me too. I have an interview on tuesday with the Juvenile department here in Montgomery county, but it is only part time... I will see what they have to say and go from there...

I didn't think it would last long me being unemployeed, but i sure was liking the sleeping in part... Ok, wait.. I didn't sleep in. My house hold decided every day that since they were working, that I needed to be up too.. I don't think that is very fair, but oh well... what do I do. I tried beating them all, but there are too many of them and it wasn't a real fair fight... :)

Life is good.. Today I played 4 games of softball, spent the day in the sun and I am tired as all get out. Tomorrow I will make up for it and watch conference.... I know, kind of in the wrong order...

My body is sore.

4 comments:

Jo said...

Way to go Nikki!! Congrats on the new job. And only 56 days of school. Life is good for you!!

Jody (the cousin one)

Sant Family said...

Wow. I go out of town for a week - and look what you are up too!

yay you!

Check out my blog, I just put a picture on there JUST FOR YOU!!

Love, Tif

Marie said...

Hooray you! I remember when I went with your mom to visit you at Ricks and we took baby Ryan with us! You were taking a criminal justice class...Glad things are working out!

Fussy Faddist said...

Hurrah for you!!!!