Thursday, April 9, 2009

1st day with TDCJ

Ok, I am so cotton picken tired!!! Today was the first day of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Academy. I sat on my rear end for eight hours.... Now you know why I am tired.....

Anyway... I think it is going to be great. I am going to get into shape, and learn more for the next 5 and 1/2 weeks. There are 86 people in my class and my Sgt said that he has not graduated a class with all of the people that started, so we shall see if we can be the first. I don't want to be the negative one, but I am not sure that will happen.. First impression can be changed though.

Anyway....my Sgt is pretty cool. There are actually 2 of them. But, for now... class work, PT, and the last week is qualifying on 2 rifles and a pistol.... I will keep you all posted, but right now... I am going to sleep....

1 comment:

Fussy Faddist said...

So that is why you moved to Texas - kids and guns :-)
You'll make it through - look at what you have already accomplished in the past year!!