Sunday, January 11, 2009

MY HEART IS FULL


Ok, for those of you who have known me for the past several years, SIT DOWN NOW!!! Mom, that means you. I have some things I want to say and some of you might be a little shocked.
First of all, it was only like 60 here today.. and tonight when I had to work, I wore a sweatshirt!!! Just wanted to share that with all of you. And Erika, come on down. I will make room.

Ok now.... ready.....

My life has been all kinds of crazy the past few months. I moved to Houston for two reasons. One was a job... the usual.. the second was to find out just what I wanted and who I was. Well when I first got here, I went to church for about a month. And no, I didn't tell any of you.. Ok Kyrk, I did talk to him. But then Austin moved down and I went back to what I had done for the past 12 or 13 or 14 years... I don't remember... Then for the past 8 months, I have been doing what I want like normal. I have learned a lot and I have struggled a lot. And no, I didn't tell anyone. Ok, well Kyrk.. Sorry everyone else but Kyrk and I have become so close again and I love him. He has been my rock lately and I needed that. For those of you who don't know him.. that is my brother. One of them. Anyway... during Christmas this year, I went through something that just about tore my heart out. and NO!! I am not going to share that with you. But, my Christmas and new years really kind of sucked in a way. But now that I look at it, it really didn't. What i had to go through I don't wish on anyone, but I needed to go through it. My heart is full because of what I have learned in the past 2 weeks. And more importantly, what I have learned today.

Today, I went to church. Not because anyone told me to. Not because I felt like it, I went to church because I wanted to be there. I have done a lot of soul searching and I have come to realize that I am not where I want to be. Or where I need to be. I have been inactive from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for about 14 years..... I have gone a couple of times, but not really. I have been through a lot in those 14 years... things I don't wish on anyone, and things I needed to learn. Today I went to church, it ended up being the wrong ward mind you, but I firmly believe that my Father in Heaven sent me to that ward today. The talks today were on Coming unto Christ and I do believe that everyone of those men that spoke looked right at me the whole time. I cried in the second verse of the opening song. I cried during the sacrament song. The high councilman that was present, I think he wore a hole in me, cause I know he was staring at me the whole time. I learned something today. As sacrament got over, I had decided to go home... I left the building and got about 300 yards away and turned around and went back. I asked a member of the bishopric if I could have a blessing. Now mind you, I have always believed, but more for others than for myself. Today, I believe for myself. I asked a complete stranger for a blessing. He got the missionaries to help him, and I know that blessing was from my Father in Heaven. He spoke to me through this man I don't even remember his name, and told me He loved me. You all have no idea how much I needed to hear that. And that my friends and family is why my heart is full!!!

5 comments:

Sam said...

: )

Sant Family said...

Yay you!

I am so happy for you!

Marie said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

I have always known you would come back in your own time. Love you so much.

Cori

Fussy Faddist said...

Your post moved me. I'm so happy that you are finding out for you and not because someone told you too. I know our Heavenly Father loves you but there is quite a difference between knowing it and really "knowing" it. It's wonderful to feel his love and sometimes we have to go through a lot of "crap" before we feel it:-)